There are several names given to experts that study handwriting and the examination of questioned documents. The Handwriting Expert studies and primarily works with handwriting. The Forensic Document Examiner may investigate typewriting, charred paper and paper history, erased or obliterated writing, inks, the reading of burned or charred paper. The use of chemicals, ultraviolet radiation, infra-red and color photography and many other processes can be employed to reveal facts about a document.
The study of handwriting is and will be the fundamental part of this profession. The signature is the most important part of any document because it represents the will, the approval and acceptance of the person who signs the document. That is why we use signatures on documents instead of fingerprints. If a person is drunk, insane or drugged there is no will. There is a difference in signing your name and writing your name. That difference is the intent and will of the writer.
I have over 25 years of experience as a Forensic Document Examiner and Handwriting Expert. I studied with Dr, Marie Cassil of Kansas City for four years, serving a two years internship program with her. Currently I am enrolled with Katherine Koppenhaver of Joppa, MD . Both of these mentors have made major contributions in this field of study.
Over the years I have worked with a variety of situations and case studies, such as:
- Voter registrations
- Insurance Forms
- Financial Documents
- Mortgage documents
- Banking forms/disputes
- Retail Contracts
- Cut and Paste documents
- Deeds of Trust
- Threatening letters
- Anonymous letters
I am affiliated with TASA, Technical Advisory Service for Attorneys, as a Handwriting Expert/Forensic Document Examiner.
I also hold memberships in the following organizations:
- NADE (National Association of Document Examiners)
- Eastern NE Anti Fraud Association
- Handwriting Analysts of America
- The Coalition of Handwriting Analysts International
- International Speakers Network
- International Coaching Federation
- Nebraska National Speakers Association
Why should you hire me?
- I have qualified in Courts in Nebraska and Iowa
- I collaborate with my peers on cases
- I participate in proficiency testing research with Collaborative Testing and with LaTrobe University
- I participate in weekly continuing education classes with fellow associates
- I have designed and taught trainings in "Personality Profiling" and "Red Flags of Forgery"
- I am an excellent communicator
- I take an outrageous stand for the evidence in each case